FY 2019 COMPETITION
LINKS TO OTHER COMPETITION-RELATED PAGES
FY 2019 Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Competitions
FY 2019 Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Competition Announcement
On February 1, 2019, the U.S. Department of Education published in the Federal Register, three notices inviting applications for the Education Innovation and Research Program’s Early-phase, Mid-phase, and Expansion competitions.
TIMELINE FOR FY 2019 EARLY-PHASE, MID-PHASE, AND EXPANSION COMPETITIONS
- Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: February 21, 2019
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: April 2, 2019
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: June 3, 2019
Application Materials for Early-phase, Mid-phase, and Expansion Competitions
Each application will be reviewed under the competition it was submitted under in the Grants.gov system, and only applications that are successfully submitted by the established deadline will be peer reviewed. Applicants should be careful that they download the intended EIR application package and to submit their applications under the intended EIR competition.
- Early-phase Application Package PDF (755 KB)
- Mid-phase Application Package PDF (823 KB)
- Expansion Application Package PDF (826 KB)
Notice of Intent to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to notify the Department of intent to submit an application for funding under the Education Innovation and Research Program (EIR). Please note that an entity that submits a notice of intent to apply is not obligated to apply for an EIR grant, nor is it bound to the information provided in its notice of intent to apply.
- Early-phase: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GXJTJ59
- Mid-phase: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GJ3XS96
- Expansion: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GD3BGJ6
Eligibility Checklist Documents
This Eligibility Checklist document provides guidance on how applicants may consider documenting the eligibility requirements. Applicants may consider attaching their documentation for eligibility requirements to the SF 424 Form and Appendix F.
- Applicant Eligibility Instructions—Early-phase Grants MS Word (74 KB)
- Applicant Eligibility Instructions—Mid-phase Grants MS Word (72 KB)
- Applicant Eligibility Instructions—Expansion Grants MS Word (72 KB)
- Applicant Eligibility Instructions Example PDF (251 KB)
This Evidence Requirements Checklist is intended to help applicants determine what studies to include on the Evidence Form with their application for the purposes of meeting the evidence requirement. Applicants can use the checklist as an informal worksheet to understand the evidence criteria used to review studies and learn about additional evidence-related resources available online.
- Applicant Evidence Checklist—Mid-phase MS Word (60 KB)
- Applicant Evidence Checklist—Expansion Grants MS Word (60 KB)
Informational PowerPoints and Resources
These informational PowerPoints are meant to introduce you to the Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Program and will provide you with a general overview of the EIR program’s purposes, its three-tiered funding structure, and the three separate EIR grant competitions. The goal is to help you better understand the program and what you need to know to prepare a successful application.
If you are planning to apply to EIR, you should read carefully the specific notice inviting applications (NIA) and the specific application package for the competition to which you are applying. These slides are for information purposes only, and applicants should rely upon the NIA for the official competition requirements.
|1 Overview of EIR’s Three Competitions|
|3 Matching and Other General Requirements|
|4EP Early-phase Priorities and Evidence Requirement|
|4MP Mid-phase Priorities and Evidence Requirement|
|4EXP Expansion Priorities and Evidence Requirement|
|5EP Early-phase Selection Criteria and Scoring|
|5MP Mid-phase Selection Criteria and Scoring|
|5EXP Expansion Selection Criteria and Scoring|
|6 Preparing a Budget Narrative|
|7 Documents to Include in an Application|
|8 Applying in Grants.Gov|