Funding and Legislation
Included in the chart below is the amount of funding per fiscal year since FY 2001.
|Fiscal Year (FY)||Appropriation for new awards|
Legislation, Regulations, and Guidance
- The U.S. Secretary of Education is authorized to award grants for this competition under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA) (20 U.S.C. 7221c). Program legislation visit: http://legcounsel.house.gov/Comps/Elementary%20And%20Secondary%20Education%20Act%20Of%201965.pdf.
- For grant regulations contained in EDGAR (Education Department General Administrative Regulations) go to: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/fund/reg/edgarReg/edgar.html.
- Credit Enhancement Program Regulations can be found at: PDF (67 KB).
- The guidance for the Credit Enhancement for Charter School Facilities program can be found at: MS Word (216K) | PDF (148K).
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding the circumstances under which CSP funds may be used for grants that support preschool education in charter schools, under new authority in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014 can be found at: MS Word (45 KB).