Applicant Info and Eligibility
On Wednesday, June 5, 2019, the U.S. Department of Education’s Charter Schools Program (CSP) announced the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Grants for Credit Enhancement for Charter School Facilities (Credit Enhancement) competition. The FY 2019 Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) can be found in the Federal Register. The competition will close on Friday, July 19, 2019 at 11:59.59 Eastern time.
The Charter Schools Program (CSP) held the FY 2019 Credit Enhancement Program pre-application webinar on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:30 Eastern time.
- The webinar covered priorities, selection criteria, and the application and eligibility requirements, in addition to the steps required to complete the grants.gov registration process.
- The FY 2019 pre-application webinar recording.
- The FY 2019 pre-application webinar slides (PDF, 2 MB).
- Applications must be submitted electronically through the Grants.gov system at http://www.grants.gov/.
- Please do not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to U.S. Department of Education staff.
Registering on Grants.gov:
- Applicants must register at Grants.gov prior to submitting an application.
- The Grants.gov registration process takes approximately 5 business days to complete, but Grants.gov recommends allowing several weeks to complete all steps.
- You may begin working on your application while completing the registration process, but you cannot submit an application until all of the registration steps are complete.
- For detailed information on the registration steps, please go to: https://apply07.grants.gov/apply/OrcRegister.
Application Package: PDF
- Please note this is an electronic copy of the application package instructions for you to download and use as a guide only. The application package that must be submitted can be found on the grants.gov website.
To learn more about the previous competitions, please visit the below links.
Eligible applicants include public entities (such as state or local government entities), private nonprofit entities, or a consortium of such entities.