Funding and Legislation
Included in the chart below is the amount of funding per fiscal year since FY 2010.
|Fiscal Year (FY)||Appropriation for new awards||Funding for continuation awards|
Laws, Regulations, and Guidance
- For applicants and grantees who apply for CSP grants in FY 2017 or later: Title IV, Part C, of Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA), as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA) (20 U.S.C. 7221-7221j).
- For grantees who applied for their CSP grant under an NIA published in FY 2016 or earlier: Title V, Part B, Subpart 1 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA), Section 5201 – 5211 (20 U.S.C. 7221-7221)
- The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016 (Division H, Pub. L. 114-113) PDF (1.84 KB)
- Charter School Program Assurances for Replication and Expansion Grantees PDF (86KB)
- 2011 Notice of Final Priorities, Requirements, Definitions, and Selection Criteria; Charter Schools Program Grants for Replication and Expansion of High-Quality Charter Schools (76 FR 40898)
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200)
- Uniform Guidance Technical Assistance for Grantees. (Uniform Guidance TA)
- ESSA Flexibility Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (December 2017) PDF (190 KB)
- ESSA Flexibility Webinar Recording and Slides
- Dear Colleague Letter –ESSA flexibilities for CSP Grantees (November 2017) PDF (196 KB)
- Dear Colleague Letter – Guidance and Federal Resources on Appropriate and Effective Oversight of Public Charter Schools (September 2015) PDF (317 KB)
- Charter Schools Program Nonregulatory Guidance (updated January 2014) MS Word (203 KB)
- CSP Guidance On the Use of Funds to Support Preschool Education (December, 2014) MS Word (45 KB)
- Guidance on the Voluntary Use of Race to Achieve Diversity and Avoid Racial Isolation in Elementary and Secondary Schools (December 2011) PDF (168 KB)
- Guidance Letter on Lottery Exemptions and Awards to Multiple Charter Schools Operating under a Single Charter (February 2008) PDF (1.4 MB)
- Title I Requirements on Charter Schools Non-Regulatory Guidance (July 2004) MS Word (739 KB)
- Allocating Funds to Charter Schools (December 2000) PDF (543 KB)
- Notice Inviting Applications – Replication and Expansion of High-Quality Charter Schools (84.282M)*
- 2017 PDF ( KB)
- 2016 PDF (241 KB)**
- 2015 PDF (250 KB)
- 2014 PDF (246 KB)
- 2012 PDF (221 KB)
- 2011 PDF (217 KB)
- 2010 PDF (72 KB)
- Pre-application Technical Assistance
*For up to date information on this grant program and any future or current notices please visit http://www.grants.gov and search under CFDA 84.282 for current opportunities.
**Please note the FY 2016 CSP Replication and Expansion of High-Quality Charter Schools notice inviting applications included two errors, which were corrected in a Federal Register notice, published on May 17, 2016. The pre-application webinar was held on May 24, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. (Washington DC time), rather than what is stated in the Notice Inviting Applications. In addition, the deadline for the transmittal of applications was June 24, 2016 at 4:30:00 p.m. (Washington DC time), rather than what is stated in the Notice Inviting Applications.