FY 2017 COMPETITION
LINKS TO OTHER COMPETITION-RELATED PAGES
Announcing the 2017 EIR Grantees
The Department is proud to announce the 2017 EIR grantees. The Department awarded 16 grants, totaling more than $95 million. For more information about these awards and other past competitions, visit the Awards page.
Overview of the 2017 EIR Review Process
This document provides an overview of the Department’s rigorous review process of EIR applications. MS Word (72 KB)
FY 2017 Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Competition Notice of Intent Summary Documents
Summary of the 2017 EIR Notices of Intent PDF (351 KB)
Summary of the 2017 EIR Notices of Intent Organization List Excel (35 KB)</p
FY 2017 Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Competition Announcement
On December 15, 2016, the U.S. Department of Education published in the Federal Register, three notices inviting applications for the Education Innovation and Research Program’s Early-phase, Mid-phase, and Expansion competitions.
FY 2017 Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Competitions
TIMELINE FOR FY 2017 EARLY-PHASE, MID-PHASE, AND EXPANSION COMPETITIONS
- Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: CLOSED
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: CLOSED
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: CLOSED
Application Materials for Early-phase, Mid-phase, and Expansion Competitions
Each application will be reviewed under the competition it was submitted under in the Grants.gov system, and only applications that are successfully submitted by the established deadline will be peer reviewed. Applicants should be careful that they download the intended EIR application package and to submit their applications under the intended EIR competition.
- Early-phase Application Package PDF (871 KB)
- Mid-phase Application Package PDF (872 KB)
- Expansion Application Package PDF (870 KB)
Eligibility Instructions Documents
This eligibility instructions document provides guidance on how applicants may consider documenting the eligibility requirements. Applicants may consider attaching their documentation for eligibility requirements to the SF 424 Form.
- Applicant Eligibility Instructions—Early-phase Grants MS Word (23 KB)
- Applicant Eligibility Instructions—Mid-phase Grants MS Word (22 KB)
- Applicant Eligibility Instructions—Expansion Grants MS Word (22 KB)
- Applicant Eligibility Instructions Example PDF (241 KB)
Applicants for Mid-phase and Expansion are required to complete and submit the evidence form. Mid-phase and Expansion applicants should upload their completed Evidence form under Appendix B.
- Applicant Evidence Form—Mid-phase/Expansion Grants MS Word (45 KB)
Education Innovation and Research Workshop for Prospective Applicants
A workshop was held for prospective applicants on January 30, 2017. The workshop was recorded and can be accessed HERE.
To access the EIR workshop presentation slides and the handouts that are referenced in the recording, please see below:
- EIR Workshop Presentation Slides PDF
- EIR Workshop Agenda PDF
- EIR Eligibility Exercise PDF
- REL Pacific Logic Model Paper Link
- Note: Please be advised that there are currently technical issues with the Education Logic Model app available on the REL website that may prevent you from saving the logic model that the application helps you build
- Management Plan Example PDF
- Budget Narrative Example PDF
- Scaling Paper Link
FY 2017 Competition FAQs
- FY 2017 Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Competitions Frequently Asked Questions (Revised date 3/31/2017). This FAQ document covers questions related to all three of the EIR competitions and also includes general EIR program information. Please note that the Department may post additional FAQs at a later date. MS Word (266 KB).
- FY 2017 Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Competitions FAQs Addendum 1 (2/16/2017) MS Word (53 KB)
- FY 2017 Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Competitions FAQs Addendum 2 (3/10/2017) MS Word (22 KB)
- FY 2017 Education Innovation and Research (EIR) Competitions FAQs Addendum 3 (3/31/2017) MS Word (29 KB)