2018 Applicant Information
The Teacher Quality Programs Division is excited to announce that on Friday, May 11, 2018, the U.S. Department of Education published in the Federal Register a Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) for the Teacher Quality Partnership (TQP) grant program. This TQP FY 18 grant competition has an estimated $14,000,000 and anticipates making 20 new awards. The Federal Register contains the complete FY 2018 TQP Notice Inviting Applications (NIA).
FY 2018 TQP Notice Inviting Applications (NIA)
NOTE: The FY 2018 TQP grant competition will close on June 26, 2018.
FY 2018 TQP Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the FY 2018 TQP FAQ document attached below. Please also review the slides on the Administrative Cost Cap as you will need to consider this information we preparing your budget narrative. If you do not find the answer to your question within the TQP FAQ document, please email your questions to the TQP program inbox at TQPartnership@ed.gov. Please be mindful not to wait until the last minute to email any questions you may have.
FY 2018 TQP Competition Timeline
- TQP Application Publish Date: May 11, 2018
- Intent to Apply: June 11, 2018 (Email Intents to Apply to TQPartnership@ed.gov SUBJECT: Intent to Apply FY 18)
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: June 26, 2018 (4:30:00 p.m. Washington, D.C. time)
- Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: August 24, 2018
FY 2018 TQP Application Information
TQP Informational Webinars:
For the FY 18 TQP Competition, we have provided three pre-recorded Informational Webinars designed to provide technical assistance to perspective applicants. You may download these webinars and refer to them as needed as you prepare to submit your TQP application.
- TQP Informational Webinar 1: PowerPoint (2 MB) TQP Program Purpose, Eligibility Requirements and TQP Program Requirements
- TQP Informational Webinar 2: PowerPoint (418 KB) TQP Program Priorities
- TQP Informational Webinar 3: PowerPoint (448 KB) TQP Selection Criteria & Scoring and Competition Reminders and Resource
TQP Electronic Application Submission:
- Applications must be submitted electronically through the Grants.gov system at http://www.grants.gov.
- Instructions on how to submit electronically via Grants.gov can be found in the TQP NIA and in the TQP Application Package.
TQP Application Package:
Application Package Instructions PDF (813 KB)
- Applicants are encouraged to download the TQP Application Package and review it in its entirety. It contains information and instructions that will be helpful to you and you prepare to submit your TQP application. Please note this is an electronic copy of the application package instructions for you to download and use as a guide only.
- The TQP Application Package should be used as guidance only and applicants should always refer to the office TQP NIA published in the Federal Register for official application instructions.
Required Application Forms
Please Note: most of these forms are already in the electronic application packet in Grants.gov. Here is a list of the required forms that must be completed, links to the electronic version of each form can be found here.
- ED Form 424–Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524–Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524–Instructions
- ED Grant Application Form for Project Objectives and Performance Measures Information – 1894-0017
- Standard Form 424B–Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- Grants.gov Lobbying Form
- Standard Form LLL–Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Required Response to Section 427 of GEPA
TQP Optional Program Checklists
- TQP Optional Eligible Partnership AND IHE Verification Checklist (Appendix A) (MS Word 16 KB)
- TQP Optional TQP General Application and Program Requirements Checklist (Appendix B) (MS Word19 KB)
- TQP Optional High-Need LEA (MS Word 16 KB) AND High-Need School Checklist (Appendix D) (MS Word 15 KB)
- TQP Optional Absolute Priority 1 MS Word (MS Word 21 KB) or Absolute Priority 2 MS Word (MS Word 23 KB) Checklists (Appendix E)
- TQP Match Documentation Letters and Charts (Appendix I) MS Word (78 KB) Excel (35 KB)